My statewide Colorado practice currently focuses on deals and disputes. I help businesses and individuals manage risk, bring greater clarity to their business decisions, and achieve successful outcomes in high-stakes litigation. I also act as outside counsel for companies and co-counsel with other attorneys representing businesses and individuals in litigation to help them get their cases to trial efficiently, and win.
I am just as comfortable in the courtroom as I am in a boardroom. I try cases before judges or juries, in court, every year. My litigation practice occasionally has me advocating on behalf of clients before regulatory panels and in administrative venues. For my clients not involved in litigation or needing to bring or defend a lawsuit, it is my goal to try to resolve issues and avoid disputes altogether. Having taken cases through verdict, I look at risk in a holistic manner from, inking the deal to defending it in court should it become necessary.
I regularly handle commercial cases and deals involving:
- negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud;
- contracts, partnership and sales agreements;
- construction matters including contracts, payment claims, and defects; and,
- employment related matters including trade secret misappropriation and non-compete agreements.
I also handle real estate deals and disputes involving:
- HOAs, property management, and real estate brokers;
- development ventures and contract disputes;
- easements, boundaries and foreclosure; and,
- landlord-tenant relationships.